Nicolette Visser operates a Physiotherapy Practice (Nicolette Visser Physiotherapy) in Hillcrest, Durban. She completed her honours degree in Physiotherapy at Wits Medical School in 2000 and worked in private hospitals and orthopaedic practices for 2 years before joining a sports and orthopaedics practice in 2002. Her passion for assessing and treating neuromuscularskeletal injuries moved her to complete her postgraduate certificate in Orthopaedic Manipulative Physiotherapy in 2005 and start her own private practice in 2008.
- Sports injuries
- Rehabilitation after surgery
- Headaches and T.M.J pain (clicking or pain around the jaw)
- Lymphoedema therapy using complex decongestive physiothearapy (manual lymph drainage with is a specialized treatment for swelling of the arms or legs and is offered by a physiotherapist with certification in lymphoedma therapy).
- Manual Therapy
- Dry Needling
- Biomechanical Analysis/Correction
- Motor Control and exercise prescription
- Strapping & Taping
- Exercise Classes: (Dryland program for swimmers, Core/Back and neck classes, Pilates.)
- Other (Cryotherapy, heat, electrotherapy etc.)
More About Nicolette Visser
Nicolette Visser has a Bsc. in Physiotherapy and completed her orthopaedic manipulative physiotherapy post graduate certification (OMPT). She is also a certified lymphoedema physiotherapist through ILWCT. She has a special interest in running injuries, shoulder rehabilitation and other sports injuries. She has a passion for Dry Needling in the management of pain syndromes
She is registered with the Health Professions Council of South Africa (HPCSA) and the South African Society of Physiotherapy (SASP) and is a member the International Lymphoedema and Wound Care Therapy (lLWCT).
Our physiotherapists provide holistic care using the biopsychosocial model of assessment to establish the cause of the injury and develop a comprehensive treatment plan. Evidence-based physiotherapy is used to achieve optimal recovery and return to sport or activities of daily living.
We are based in Hillcrest and our practice hours are from 7.30 to 17:00.
Our fees are in line with most major medical aids.